Transitional Winter to Spring Outfit Styling See by Chloe Hiker Boots
I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that Winter has been around long enough – time for Spring! Every year, I wait for Spring impatiently – and not only because when it’s warm and sunny the whole world seems like a better place, but also because I can’t wait to start wearing Spring colors and outfits again.
I always like to share transitional looks that can help bridge the gap between the two Seasons – that are both warm and light at the same time.
In today’s look, I styled a long-sleeve fit-and-flare dress with a sweater vest – for a look that’s cozy and airy.
Here are the exact ingredients to this outfit formula, and how I styled it:
- The Sweater Vest. A number of my clients purchased this Veronica Beard Collina Vest last Fall, and I decided to purchase it too after trying it on with a few looks and seeing how I “needed it” in my wardrobe (I’m always so tempted by items I love, but like to do a thorough “do I need this” analysis – as a personal shopper, it’s easy to be carried away and have too many items in my closet). Anyway, this item is great – it pairs with leggings, leather pants, jeans – as well as skirts and dresses. I belted it for this look to give it more waist-definition, and it can also be front-tucked into a skirt to create the same effect.
- Elevated Hiker Boots. I shared an unboxing of these See by Chloe Shearling Hiker Boots on my IG recently – and styled them with 3 different looks – this being the 3rd of them. You can check out the previous looks HERE and HERE – both of the previous looks were with pants, but these boots go equally well with skirts/dresses, not appearing overly bulky. Such a great sale find! I tagged a few that I found below – some might be selling out fast, so hurry!
- Elegant Feminine Bag. I styled this Polene Numero Huit with a number of looks in recent posts – the color “nude” is very universal. I really love the shape of this bag – it’s an unusual take on a bucket bag with pleats, always appears effortless and chic!
- Statement Hosiery. I’ve sung praises to Wolford tights before – they’re some of the best! I’ve recently also discovered Sheertex tights – which are supposed to be super strong, so I’ve tagged a few options from both brands below!
- Fit-n-Flare Cream Dress. This Celeste Dress from the Gal Meets Glam Collection is one of my favorite silhouettes of all time. I’ve styled it HERE with another look – it’s so flattering on, and the color is perfect for someone with a warmer undertone like myself. Sadly, the collection is no more, and this dress is sold out, but I found a few on eBay (see below) and also checking sites like Mercari and Poshmark is a good idea as they frequently pop up on there.
- Chic Neutral Belt. Last but not least, I think this Isabel Marant Lecce Belt is a wardrobe must-have. It’s easy to pair with everything, and has so many cool uses and ways to wear it. I would stay true to size if you order it – if it gets longer, it’s more challenging to maneuver. I tied it around the sweater vest over the dress – and it kept my waist defined and added an element of “linking” to the outfit – repeating the color of the boots.
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar outfit this Winter and into Spring!
As always, please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Anna Vivare