Pretty Winter Pastels Look
Happy Lunar New Year, everyone – may this year of the Metal Rat bring only amazing blessings to you and yours!
As we’re in the midst of Winter, and the weather is up-and-down all the time, it’s becoming harder to dress creatively as layers and practicality take over (especially on my M-Th days when I’m with Charlie full time). So for today’s post, I wanted to share a look to inspire you to dress with more femininity – in pretty Winter-y pastels.
This looks is easy to achieve as it only has 2 main ingredients – and includes one of my personal favorites to have in your wardrobe – a satin bias-cut midi skirt. It also incorporates shades of lavender and mint with a sprinkle of pink – as a softer version of a green + purple color combo that I would typically wear more during Spring and Summer months.
This is a great outfit for upcoming Valentine’s Day – as an alternative to the traditional red-inspired looks; it’s flirty and feminine – perfect for dinner, brunch or just a coffee date.
The exact ingredients of this outfit formula are:
- The Satin Bias-Cut Midi Skirt. This skirt style can be tricky to style because it already has such a silky feel that pairing it with something else that’s silky might seem over the top for everyday – so I always recommend juxtaposing textures and lengths in this kind of look that seemingly don’t go together – like chunkier sweaters and tucked-in or cropped tees. What’s great about this skirt is its very feminine drape – and the way it lends itself so well to dressing up or down – with just the switch of shoes/ accessories, and either adding sleek tops that flow together with it for an upscale look (think camisoles, blouses and blazers), or more urban-feeling layers, like tees, denim jackets and sweaters.
- The Sweater. In this outfit, I wore this gorgeous Free People Normani Bias Cut Satin Skirt with a slightly boxy and shorter Loveshack Fancy Rosie Pullover Sweater. I’ve been obsessed with Loveshack Fancy sweaters this Season – they capture the romantic feeling so well, which brings a touch of whimsy and fun to all Winter outfits.
- A Pair of Soft Heels. I’ve styled these Epice Coclico block-heeled shoes for a Summer Pastel look that you can check out HERE, and they work really well for Winter in-door wear as well. Their soft suede and light “lilac” color are the perfect finishing touch to a pastel-inspired look.
- A Pretty Little Bag. This Cult Gaia light pink Mini Astrea Leather Tote is just the right size to hold all your essentials. It comes in a variety of leather colors and textures – I’ve curated some of them below!
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar look this Season to add some femininity to your wardrobe! Please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
This post was featured on Links à la Mode fashion roundup by Independent Fashion Bloggers.
More fashion articles:
- How To Rock Winter Bright’s Looking Elegant In Your Outfits by Modnitsa Styling
- Start Your Blog With This Guide by IFB
- How To Rock An Oversized Blazer by Season’s Best
- A Pretty Winter Pastels Look by Modnitsa Styling
SPONSOR: Shopbop, Dolce Vita, PAIGE Jeans, Mother Denim, ELIOU, Isabel Marant, Better Sweaters, Best Dresses, Florals Galore, Men’s Madewell,
Photography by Leslie Moncada
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.