Pretty Summer Pastels
As we near August, and Summer is in its heat (literally), I’m gravitating towards softer, true Summer colors in the pastel family. They bring peace to a hot day, and are the perfect faded look for the last month of Summer.
For today’s look, I put together a few pieces in a true “high-end meets approachable price-point” outfit, a lot of which is currently on sale.
The ingredients of this look are:
- The Cotton Dress. This Sandwash Modal Knit Tank Dress is by Banana Republic, and has the right balance of comfortable and chic. It has a nice midi length paired with a slit, and the belt creates a nice waist definition, elongating your legs. It comes in blush pink (featured) and black and is on a super sale right now!
- A Pair of Low-Heeled Shoes. These are my new favorite from Coclico – which I scored during their Summer Sale. The style is called “Epice” and has a block heel, which is stable and classy. I love them in this color (called “Lilac” – which almost reads like a pink, especially next to the pink dress) but they also come in a multitude of colors – both leather and suede, and this style is somewhat of a classic, so the brand brings it back every Season.
- A Pair of Gold-Colored Sunglasses. Because “La Vie in Gold” is the way to see Summer. These are from Banana Republic as well, and the style is called “Leighton”.
- A Gold Necklace. A touch of gold on your neck will “link” perfectly with the golden sunglasses, creating harmony and helping you tell a story with your look. This one is yet again from Banana Republic, on a big sale.
- A Toned-Down Bag. I chose this PS1 Proenza Schouler Medium Satchel in “Smoke” (gray) to carry with this look. The color is very peaceful and compliments the blush pink and gold perfectly.
I hope this inspires you to add some pastels to your Summer wardrobe! Please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Leslie Moncada