Green Vibes for Spring
Hope everyone’s week is going great! I don’t know about you guys, but I feel that I’m looking at Spring this year with a newfound appreciation. Whether it’s because the Winter seemed extra brutal here in NYC with masking, social distancing, etc., or because I’m really starting to appreciate more and more the time I spend outside seeing the change of Seasons. Whatever it is, I’m loving all the Magnolia blossoms around Brooklyn, and if you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen many a photo of them on my feed 😉
Spring is my favorite time of year – for many reasons. As nature awakens, and all the colors become vivid and animated, I really feel like I come alive too – as does my wardrobe. This year in particular, I’m really gravitating towards colors of renewal, like green – a true “nature” color – as it goes with everything and brings a bit of freshness and feeling of new beginnings into my surroundings.
For this post, I put together a “green-inspired” outfit, which breathes with the freshness of the Season. I paired green with off-white and shades of brown – to ground it and keep it pure and exciting.
The exact ingredients of this outfit formula are:
- The Longer Linen Blazer. This ALC Sedgwick Blazer in “mint” has been on my radar since last year, and when I saw that it finally went on sale, I bought it. I do that with many of my pieces – as I keep an eye on them throughout the Season (having first noticed them when shopping with a client), and when they get transferred to an off-price retailer like Nordstrom Rack or Gilt, or go on sale at the brand’s store/department store, I pull the trigger. This gives me a chance to really know if I want it – and plan for a place for it in my wardrobe. This blazer is lightweight (unlined) and pairs super well with jeans + tee, over a dress, or skirt (like here). The light mint green color is pretty and feminine – but also bold and fresh.
- The Pleated Midi Skirt. I feel like lately that’s all I’ve been wearing – pleated midi’s. This one is from Target and is $27! You really can’t tell from looking at it – it’s great quality, falls perfectly, and has a comfortable, stretchy waist band. I own it in two colors – this green, and lilac/lavender (also goes so well with the blossoming trees) – and considering buying it in more color options while they’re still available online. I think it’s an awesome Spring wardrobe staple!
- A Pair of Neutral Booties. These Coclico Laeve Booties are a wardrobe must-have, and I’ve been wearing them a ton. I styled them previously with this look, this look, and this look – just to show you how versatile they are!
- A Creative Yet Classic Bag. I absolutely love this Mark Cross Mini Gracie Bag – I bought it over a year ago at Moda Operandi, and have enjoyed pairing it with dressy & casual outfits alike. I think Mark Cross bags make for fabulous wardrobe investments – their classic silhouettes, unique colors and amazing craftsmanship make them really stand out – and stand the test of time. I found a few others that I love – see the carousel below.
- A Lacy Top. This top is from Rachel Parcell’s original designs – and is still a favorite. It’s nicely cropped and has a short sleeve and beautiful scalloped neckline detail. I found a few similar ones too, see below!
- A Pair of Sunnies. These cat-eye Chloe Sunglasses complete the look nicely, and really pull all the browns together, using the concept of “linking” to tell a story and make the look cohesive. If you’re ever wondering what shape of sunglasses looks best on you – check out my Virtual Color Analysis & Face Shape Assessment Service (great value of $45) – would love to help you figure it out!
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar outfit this Season, or bookmark it for the next Seasonal transition! As always, please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Leslie Moncada