Soft and Uplifting Spring Look to Start The New Season
Happy (Official/Calendar) Spring! Even though it’s been fairly moderate here in the North East, it still feels very much like Winter with all the stress that’s been happening in these challenging and uncertain times.
I was very conflicted about whether putting up style-related content is not “appropriate” at this time, but decided that even if it inspires one person for one minute when they see it, giving them Spring hope, it’s worth it and hopefully aligns with what I do as after all helping inspire others to express themselves through their style to enrich their lives is my mission in my business.
That said, for today’s look, I wanted to share something simple and soft – and “very-very Spring”. This outfit is not fussy, but contains the elements of feminine refinement combined with urban chic. You can wear it working from home, sitting in your outdoor space (if you’re lucky enough to have some) or when things calm down, going out for a walk in the park, brunch or running errands.
The exact ingredients of this outfit formula are:
- The Velvet Bomber Jacket. I think a bomber jacket is a really great staple for Spring – and my favorite ones are in light suede and leather, and more recently – velvet. This Sezane Denise Down Jacket is in the softest color and fabric – and the gold hardware really makes it feel luxurious. I am going to be wearing it on repeat once the weather warms up! It goes well with jeans, but can also pair with a pleated skirt + graphic tee, or over a cute Spring Dress. Unfortunately, it has sold out online – but I found a few others that are similar that you can check out below!
- The Flirty Yellow Top. Yellow is by far my favorite color as it’s so optimistic, fun and feminine — something we could all use right now. I think this Loveshackfancy Addie top (sold out online, found a few similar ones below) is super adorable, and has an interesting back detail (my fave) and cute puffy sleeves – which makes it a statement piece to wear with jeans throughout Spring/Summer.
- A Pair of Neutral Booties. I’ve mentioned many times before that I’m a huge fan of Coclico shoes – they’re feminine, stylish, and comfortable – even at this high heel height. These Link Boots are a recent purchase that I’ve been wearing on repeat – even though the heels are high, they feel very stable and comfortable, and these booties go equally well with jeans as they do with skirts and dresses because of the slightly taller ankle — stay tuned for another look I’ll be sharing wearing them with a Spring Dress, coming soon!
- A Classic Bag. I’ve had this Louis Vuitton Speedy Bag forever, and it still looks perfect. I’ve been wearing it a lot lately as I finally bought a cross-body strap for it – which is not exactly intentionally designed to work with this style as mine is one of the older designs that isn’t intended to be worn cross-body, but I made it work by criss-cross attaching it to the handles . It really adds a ton of comfort for hands-free, “mom-friendly” wear.
- A Pair of Comfortable High-Rise Jeans. I’ve had this pair of MomJeans in Melva Wash by Madewell for almost 2 years now, and I have to say, it’s probably my most worn pair to date. The jeans are super simple and clean (no distress), ultra high rise, the light wash is Spring/Summer-friendly, and they’re made out of pretty thick denim – which is good for Winter temps too. They’re a little relaxed in the legs, and you can cuff them a bit to give them a slightly more casual feel. To me – they’re the perfect “mom jeans” — not too slouchy, not too tight everywhere around the body, super comfortable AND flattering.
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar outfit this Season to add some chic to your simple every day looks! Please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Leslie Moncada