Styling Zimmermann Shorts for a Resort Look
As resort season rolls in, I love to put together look inspirations for my clients that can be versatile and carry over into Spring. I’m not a huge fan of purchasing items that have one purpose only (such as to only be worn on one trip) – so anytime I help my clients find fun vacation-wear, I aim to select pieces that are versatile and can also be mixed and matched into more everyday looks.
In today’s look, I styled a brand that’s synonymous with “vacation” and “resort” and “Summer” – a brand that’s very near and dear to my heart as it expresses my deep love for all things feminine, bohemian and colorful – Zimmermann. I styled a pair of their linen shorts I’ve had my eye on for a while – in a way where it can be worn to the beach/boat on a chillier day, but also out to dinner afterwards.
Here are the exact ingredients to this outfit formula, and how I styled it:
- Linen Shorts. These Mae Palm Tuck Shorts are really comfortable and flattering. They sit high on the waist, have a beautiful built-in belt and are wider around the hips with small pleats coming down from the waist – that makes them feel a little more dressy. I love their fun palm print and marigold yellow color – making them super vacation-appropriate – but also easy to transition into Spring and Summer. I found a few similar pairs too for options – see below!
- Slouchy Sweater. I think this A.L.C. Lianne Rib-Knit Sweater is THE softest sweater I ever put on! I sized up for an extra slouchy effect – the fabric tucks nicely in the front – which works well for these shorts. Yellow + pink is a great color story for resort – it’s really bright and cheery.
- Structured Bag. I styled this Polene Numero Sept with this look – it adds a touch of polished sophistication to an otherwise colorful ensemble – the color “chalk” is very neutral and great for resort/vacation looks.
- Knee-High Pink Boots. I styled this pair of Jeffrey Campbell Western Boots in a previous blog post HERE (with a dress) and love the way they compliment this outfit too – connecting the two pink shades together for cohesiveness.
- Touches of Gold. Another look I’ve styled with my Sun & Moon Corset Cuff Bracelet and matching Stud Earrings set from Evocateur Style. You can use code MODNITSA10 to save 10% off your pick from their amazing collections!
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar outfit for any upcoming warm-weather vacations and coming Spring/Summer, and as always, please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Abigail Cernava.