Late Summer Fruity Prints and White Denim Outfit
As the Seasons are changing, I’m still clinging to Summer a little bit – so I wanted to share another late Summer outfit that’s super easy to replicate – and you can bring it into Fall with swapping out the short sleeve button-down for a long-sleeved one, and adding some low-heeled booties to the look.
I mentioned these Trixie Shorts I recently found from Shopbop by Retrofete in my IGTV Try-On – they are honestly the most comfortable and flattering pair I own – so I had to style a look with them before Summer’s end.
Here are the exact ingredients to this outfit formula, and how I styled it:
- White Denim Shorts. These shorts sit very high on the waist, and have wider hips that end in cuffs (that are sewn in – so they don’t come out in the wash). They don’t ride up the leg (it’s a huge WIN in my book as that’s a serious pet-peeve of mine). Another flattering design detail they have is the slanted hip pockets – they draw the eye inward vs outward, defining the waist and creating the perfect hour-glass silhouette. They have just the right amount of distress, and the color is called “vintage white” – so it’s a little more cream than white, which makes it easier to pair with neutrals as it doesn’t appear as stark as a true white would. I also love the gold metal details in the hardware – they add a bit of excitement to the design, and can be used to “link” other elements in an outfit, like jewelry and shoes/bags to pull the look together.
- A Short-Sleeve Button-Down Shirt. Another item I shared in my IGTV Try-On is this Rails Whitney Embroidered Fruit Print Button Down Shirt. It has these tiny little fruits on it (strawberries, cherries, lemons and pears) that look so adorable and fresh. I love how the sleeves are slightly off-shoulder and it can be tucked or tied or left loose as it has two side slits, giving it movement and not creating a harsh horizontal line that could cut in an unflattering way.
- A Fruity Clutch. Another Clare V. bag to add to the ones I shared in this post and this post, this Sissy Clutch is unfortunately sold out. I’ll be on the lookout and will post it on my stories if I find in online again. The bag features strawberries – and I just knew that it was made to go with the Rails shirt for this outfit. Berries look so fun and colorful – and repeating the same print but in a different scale (size) in an outfit is another great way to “link” the elements to tell a story with your look.
- Statement Earrings. These fun Summery earrings are by Kingston Jewellery – and the designer Jemima was graceful enough to share a code with you guys for 15% off your purchase. Use code DINA15OFF – she has a lot of new designs launching frequently on her site.
- White Sandals. The best way to complete an all-white ensemble is with white shoes – and I’ve styled these Margaux Flat Sandals with a million different looks this Summer – so once again, they’re a great staple! The color is called Ivory Calf – and they’re comfortable AND stylish! Treat yourself to a pair, you won’t regret it 🙂
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar outfit this Summer and into Fall!
As always, please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Abigail Cernava.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.