Zara Fall Tweed Everyday Mom Uniform
Would Fall even be Fall without tweed? 😉
On a serious note, tweed is almost synonymous with Seasonal dressing – and I love that while being a classic, it gets reinvented every Season. This year, I’ve been seeing a lot of color and mixed patterns in the designs, with added embellishments, like rhinestones, silver and gold; unexpected shades like bright pink, and updated silhouettes – including bomber, cropped and more boxy styles.
For today’s post, I styled this beautiful Zara Textured Weave Overshirt in a fun pink and white tweed, with some of my favorite staples to create a timeless yet practical “mom uniform” outfit formula.
Here are the exact ingredients to this outfit formula, and how I styled it:
- The Cropped Tweed Jacket. Zara always does a great job at re-imagining classics in trendy ways, and this “overshirt” as they call it (which is another word for “shacket” – something that’s been super popular for the past few years) is no exception. I showed a great Summer-into-Fall look with it in my recent IG Reel – and here it is again in a more Fall-like look. The boxy silhouette pairs well with jeans – but will look equally beautiful with a simple dress, or tee + skirt ensemble. The key with wider/boxier styles is to pair them with something more elongating and tight underneath to maintain your shape while allowing the oversized look to become the intentional statement in the outfit.
- A Louis Vuitton Speedy Bag. This bag goes with me everywhere; it is super practical and elegant (mine is Damier Ebene, the darker pattern). The structure of the bag is designed to be light-weight, and the canvas washes easily; I bought a cross body strap for it even though it’s an older style that doesn’t usually accommodate for it but I made it work by attaching it on alternating sides and it really helps make the style hands-free (and mom-friendly). My only gripe with the bag if I had to confess would be that it’s hard to find things inside when rummaging in a hurry – but on the flip side, it fits a ton!
- The Most Comfortable Shoes. I’ve recently discovered this brand Vivaia that makes sustainable shoes, manufactured out of plastic water bottles (6 bottles = 1 pair), and they are honestly some of the most comfortable (machine-washable) shoes I own! I have the Denim Blue Loafer-style square toe flats; they stretch to the foot, provide great arch support and don’t pinch anywhere. I think they also look elegant and go with tons of looks – the ideal “mom shoe” – perfect for running around and getting stuff done! The brand graciously provided me with a code to share with you guys for 18% off – use “DINA at checkout to apply the discount!
- A Basic White Tee. This Free People Kaylen Cotton-Blend Tee is a great updated classic. Super smooth and light-weight, it tucks in well and is just the right amount of slouchy. It also has a deeper-cut v-neck opening – which is stylish and a bit sexy. I think a basic white tee “with a twist” is a wardrobe must and a “mom basic”.
- Most Flattering Straight-Leg Jeans. I’ve been singing praises to these RE/DONE ORIGINALS HIGH WAIST STOVEPIPE JEANS and I still wear them the most out of all my denim. There is just something about the cut, and how it skims around the hips but comes up to just the perfect waist height (without the long butt side-effect). They pair well with booties, sneakers, flats, and even heels. Mine have a bit of distress on the front, but I found a few similar cleaner-looking styles, check them out the carousel below. An absolute “mom-must-have”!
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar outfit this Fall! As always, please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Anna Vivare.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.