Winter “Not So Boring” Office Look
Hello, mid-February! I feel like we’re zooming through the month and Winter is finally on its way out (even though, there is still at least 1.5 months of cold weather left here in the North-East). I’m gearing up to shoot my last 2 Winter Looks this coming week, and then mentally switching over to Spring to bring you guys bright and inspiring content to start transitioning your wardrobe to the new Season.
For today’s look, I wanted to share a Winter-y outfit that is great for everyday office wear — something slightly more polished and conservative, yet with a modern aesthetic and current feel.
The exact ingredients of this outfit formula are:
- The Tailored Trouser. As I help my clients find ideal office wear, there are a few brands that are my go-to’s in terms of the look, feel and image they project with modern office wear. One of the brands that’s typically at the forefront is A.L.C. (which stands of Andrea Liberman Collection, an L.A. based designer for chic, stylish and refined womenswear). I particularly love the way the brand’s pants fit on most of my clients who have hips (like myself) with their front pleating and stronger lines down the leg + ankle waist. I adore their higher rise as they are super comfortable and very flattering – and lend themselves well to tucking in (front tucking or full-tucking) your blouse or button down, or wearing them with cropped sweater silhouettes. In this look, I’m wearing the Ricky Pants in Midnight (Dark Blue-Black). My other 2 favorite silhouettes are the Colin and the Diego – and even though the Rickys are sold out, I found a few of the other ones in various colors for your shopping convenience, see below!
- The Sweater. Which then leads me to the 2nd piece in the formula – the sweater. I usually shy away from cropped lengths as they tend to ride up when I sit or bend, but this Jeremy Pullover (also by A.L.C.) stays put when on, and comes in the most gorgeous blue (color is called “Azure”). It adds a pop to the navy of the pants — taking this look from more office-conservative to more office-current.
- A Pair of Neutral Booties. I’ve styled these Aquatalia Fuoco Booties in a previous look, they come in a variety of leathers/suedes and colors. They have very sensible heels, and I like that they go equally well with dresses and pants – which makes booties like these a great staple in your wardrobe.
- A Pop Of Color Bag. This Tara Textured Clutch from Anthropologie adds a great contrast to the look – complimenting the blue of the sweater (yellow + blue = color compliments). I love using bags that are both roomy for every day and elegant enough for evening, and this one is a perfect size and shape to do both.
- A Polished Coat. I’ve said this before – there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a variety of coats in your wardrobe as with Winter looks it can be boring to wear the same coat every day — after all, you spend a lot of your day wearing it. I like how the color of this Cupcakes and Cashmere Effie Double-Breasted Coat is neutral and feminine and it works equally well with blue and with yellow. The coat is warm and fluffy – and adds a nice finishing touch to the look. Plus, you really can’t beat the price!
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar outfit this Season to add some chic to your office looks! Please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Leslie Moncada
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.