Versatile and Stylish Shoes to Add to Your Spring Wardrobe
As someone who shops for a living, I’m always on the lookout for new brands that provide versatility, add a pop of color to my wardrobe, and have an empowering message. So when during NYFW this season I was introduced to an NYC-based shoe brand Alterre that encompasses those 3 qualities, I immediately knew I wanted to learn more.
Founded by 2 passionate New York ladies, Shilpa and Harmony, and first funded by Kickstarter, Alterre is a labor of the love the two women feel for what they do, and their compassionate desire to help other NYC women to “stop hobbling around the street in uncomfortable, unpractical shoes”. Truly a message that resonates with me & most of my female clients!
Aside from the quality, the materials they use and the colors and designs, what makes their product line unique are the detachable straps that are sold separately to complement their various shoe designs – giving you an incredible variety of customizable looks.
I visited their NYC showroom and had a chance to check out the new RW’17 collection – which is inspired by the flair of the 70’s – and chatted with them about how they got started, what makes their shoes different, and why every woman should have a pair – or 2, or 5!
Check out some fun things I learned about them below, a few sneak-peeks from the new collection, and a quick video interview with one of the founders, Shilpa, about the “power of their shoes”.
- Their shoes are designed in New York City but produced with fair labor in Brazil. They work with shoe experts with more than 30 years experience both here and there to bring forward a shoe that is expertly crafted.
- All Alterre shoes are made with genuine leather sourced locally in Brazil.
- Their shoes are inspired by strong women and the many roles they lead. They’ve even named their looks after women they admire, from the headstrong socialite Elsie de Wolfe to Billie Holiday who overcame a tough childhood and became a jazz icon.
- Since they are inspired by strong women, they also give 5% of their profits to Restore NYC – a non-profit organization that provides long-term rehabilitation to victims of sex-trafficking in New York, one of the major hubs for trafficking in the world.
- Their shoes are comfortable with patented design via padded insoles and soft leather uppers to make sure your feet stay happy all day.
- You can create over 200 combinations through detachable straps paired with a variety of designs.
- Their modular shoe design allows them to carry multiple options while maximizing space – perfect for travel and small NYC closets.
- Their shoes are available in Starter Kits, Separates and even a Monthly Shoe Subscription (starting at just $14.99!)
If you’re interested in checking out the collection in person, please don’t hesitate to reach and schedule a Personal Shopping Session with me – they offer 10% off to their shoes to all my clients!
If you’re shopping their shoes online, you can use code “MOD10” to save 10% off any separates shoe order.
Thank you Alterre & Brand Backer for inviting me to check out the new RW’17 line!