Thanksgiving Week Outfit with Velvet and Leather
Happy Thanksgiving Week, everyone!
This year, I’m definitely feeling the weather calling for cozy and warm – which to me always comes through fabrics that are both soft and sleek; and the best combination for late Fall is velvet and leather.
So for today’s outfit, I combined soft velvet trousers with a fitted white graphic tee and black leather jacket – adding pops of color and excitement in my accessories.
Here are the exact ingredients to this outfit formula, and how I styled it:
- High-Waisted Ankle Cropped Velvet Pants. This pair by Saint Laurent is a splurge, but I found a few similar styles, like this one by Paige that are a bit more budget-friendly – you can shop them in the carousel below. What I love about velvet pants is that they look both dressy and comfortable at the same time – and can vary between more form-fitting leggings and structured, lined trousers (which these are). If you are considering this style by Saint Laurent from Kirna Zabete (which is also tagged in the carousel below), I do recommend sizing up as they run small.
- A Tee. One of the easiest ways to dress-down a pair of slacks is to pair them with a graphic-style tee. I love the Re/Done tees, they always feel lived-in, casual and soft and their fit is quite flattering as they’re a little cropped. This one is adorable, and I tagged a few similar ones below!!
- Edgy Leather Jacket. To add a little dimension and street-style to the outfit, I paired the combo with a black leather jacket. This Khaite Cordelia Leather Moto Jacket has a great clean structured look but still feels edgy because of the details. I found a few other black leather must-have jackets for you guys to shop below!
- Leopard Print Booties. These Phillip Lim Alexa Booties that I featured in multiple recent looks add a touch of creativity to the look. I love how they coordinate with the colors – and act as a pop that connects to multiple other elements in the outfit – such as parts of the tee, the handbag and the sunglasses – to tell a story and make the outfit appear purposeful.
- Structured Designer Bag. And speaking of bags, I chose to style this Gucci Diana Bamboo Handle Small Tote with this outfit. It has a pop of neon orange – making the bag season-less, but overall, it definitely feels a bit more like a Fall statement accessory.
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar outfit this Fall! As always, please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Anna Vivare.