Ring in New Year’s Eve in Style & Sequins
It’s officially the last week of 2019, and what a year it was! I feel like I’ve been on a rollercoaster with balancing motherhood and my business, traveling a ton and seeing my Charlie turn from a baby into a little man. It’s been rewarding, tiring and exciting – and I’m hopeful for what 2020 has in store for us!
I wanted to finish the year on a shiny note – as we shouldn’t reserve the sparkles only to our champagne glasses on New Year’s Eve – but bring them to our outfits as well! This outfit formula has the simplest pieces and it can be worn no matter the weather (just swap out the coat – or wear no coat/jacket).
The exact ingredients of this outfit formula are:
- The Sparkly Dress. This Starling Sequined Tunic dress from Anthropologie has an amazing fit – its roomy yet cinched at the waist with a flirty velour/silk belt. A straight neckline and asymmetrical sleeves make it super fun to move around in – and perfect for sipping your champagne while watching the ball drop on NYE.
- The Tights. This detail might be what makes the outfit. A funky pair of hosiery will not only keep you warm, but will pack some personality into your look. I love Wolford tights as they’re great quality, and while pricey, can often be found on sale – these polka dot ones are a couple of years old, but I found a few similar ones below!
- A Colorful Bag. Pops of color go best with sequins and sparkles, and this Clare V. Petit Alistair in Poppy adds a color punch – while still working within the same color family as the dress.
- Extra Booties. I styled these Yanila Buckle Booties in another recent look, and simply can’t get enough of them. They coordinate with the tights via color – and have a busy pattern which works well with sequins, so while seemingly disconnected from the outfit, they actually compliment it quite well, while standing out on their own.
- Leather Jacket. As a true leather jacket addict, I couldn’t resist adding a new one to my collection during Black Friday Sales – this Lamarque Donna Leather Moto is a color I don’t already own and goes with everything. It adds a nice feminine touch to the outfit. Apparently, it has already sold out online – but there is a different color still available in the same style – see below.
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar look for NYE! Please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaNYE in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Leslie Moncada