Perfect Fall Weekend Look
Happy middle of October — we’re heading straight into Holiday Season, but I’m still desperately trying to hold onto the warmth and longer days.
As the leaves change to golden & bright red, I find that those colors are surrounding me everywhere – and for today’s look, I decided to mix them into my outfit as a pure Fall inspiration.
As I’m helping my clients update their wardrobes for Fall, I’m highly recommending adding some fun faux fur pieces – I’m a big fan of cozy faux fur for Fall and Winter as it’s soft and warm – but not overly hot, and makes even a simple jeans + blouse look get instantly more chic. I styled this fun red + yellow look with a Faux Fur jacket in a golden deep yellow, which is super lightweight and very affordable.
The exact ingredients of this look are:
- The Wide Leg Jeans. This Ruth Super High-Rise Straight pair is by Rag & Bone – they’re very high-waisted + have a fun fringe on the bottom. They’re really comfortable and don’t look frumpy because of the higher waist. I’ve included a few similar options in the carousel below.
- A Pair of Ankle Boots. I’m very excited about this new pair of Freda Salvador Ankle Lace-Up Boots that I recently purchased for Fall – and especially love their burnt red color. Their heel is stable and comfortable – which means, it’s “mom-approved”. There is a very similar style that also comes in brown and black on Anthropologie, see below.
- A Yellow Clutch. I styled this Clare V. Flore Clutch with another look that you can check out here as it’s my new favorite for the season, so it’s getting quite some wear 🙂
- A Flirty Floral Blouse. I love this Daniella Floral V-Neck Top from Rebecca Taylor; it’s silk, vibrant and fun, and works equally well with jeans and skirts.
- A Faux Fur Jacket. This one is by Avec Les Filles from Saks Off 5th — and is currently on an additional sale. Love, love, love the color! Also comes in light pink – and they have a size-inclusive selection available online (and select stores).
I hope this inspires you to check out some faux fur to add to your wardrobe for Fall! Please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Leslie Moncada