Mini Skirt with Denim and Booties Outfit For Fall
As the weather continues to fluctuate between late Summer and Fall, I continue to reach for outfit formulas that are both airy and a little cozy – and can be “warmed up” with the addition of layers – like stockings, leather jackets and scarves. One such formula I love for this time of year is a mini skirt, paired with a graphic tee, booties and denim jacket. It’s cute, flirty, casual – yet feels dressed up.
Here are the exact ingredients to this outfit formula, and how I styled it:
- Mini Skirt. I love the silhouette of this Loveshackfancy Zeta Skirt – it’s a little longer on the sides making it super flattering, showing off just the right amount of leg. I wear it with tees/tanks in the Summer, but it goes into Fall nicely with the addition of booties and denim jacket.
- Graphic Tee. My favorite Summer-into-Fall items are graphic tees, I think they really transcend all Seasons, especially in darker colors – and can go equally well with jeans and skirts or over longer dresses – to get more mileage out of your pieces (for example – when packing for a trip). This Pineapple Tee is old from Anthro – but I found a few other ones I love – you can check them out in the carousel below.
- Lasercut Booties. I’ve been wearing these Italeau Janna Laser Cut Booties a lot lately – they are comfortable and simple, but the shine and the laser cuts give them a dressy look. I think they look perfect for early Fall outfits – I found a few similar ones (including a different style called “Perla” by the same brand) on eBay – check them out below!
- Feminine Denim Jacket. Retrofete is one of my (new) favorite denim jacket brands – the flirty shoulder and cropped length are super flattering elements. This Rissa Jacket is on a great sale right now – and this wash (Light Zephyr) is very easy to pair with almost everything!
- Fall Mini Bag. I think Coach really nailed the design of this Madison Signature Coated Bag – adding it to the list of bags I’ve been loving from them in the recent few months. It’s the perfect size for going out, and holds just the essentials – so you can have a relaxed “light” evening!
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar outfit this Fall!
As always, please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Abigail Cernava.