Markdown Mondays: Stepping into a Spring Look
Happy Monday – hope your weekend was fabulous! I actually ended up having one of those super-busy-running-around-with-clients weekends, working on helping them get their wardrobes ready for Spring.
With yesterday’s warm weather, I felt the mood instantly lifting – and making me more drawn to Spring silhouettes and colors, so for today’s #MarkdownMondays style collage, I decided to create the perfect outfit to bring you closer to the season.
Check out my picks below:
- The cold shoulder trend is hotter than ever (pun intended!) – and this J.Crew off-the-shoulder chambray option is perfect. It’s versatile and great for pairing with dark jeans (because chambray looks different enough from denim to create contrast – therefore making the outfit interesting), and white denim or cropped pants. The shoulder elastic keeps the top in place, and the cute sleeve ties add a flirty finish. Styling Tip: because the top is wide around the shoulders, it creates a horizontal line, making the eye go across – thus adding breadth to your shoulders. Intention is key in embracing this trend – so think of minimizing your bottom as much as possible to make the top appear as a purposeful statement rather than a proportion mistake.
- A pair of cropped light-colored pants is a must-have for Spring, and this pair of Avery-Fit White Sateen Pants from Banana Republic will match perfectly with all your Spring and Summer tops – both in bright colors and neutrals. These pants will work with heels or flats for a variety of looks.
- My personal favorite piece from this collage is this Garment Washed Leather Jacket from Rebecca Taylor in “ballet” (blush pink color). Throw it over a dress or a pair of distressed jeans – for a great variety of go-to outfits.
- It’s finally getting warm enough to wear flats and (fingers crossed soon!) open toe shoes. For now though, espadrilles are a nice transitional option. These Soludos Suede Lace-up Platforms from Saks are a perfect combo of comfy and chic. They’ll add a pop of color to your Spring outfits.
- With warmer weather, jewelry is also making a comeback (coming out of hiding from underneath hats and scarfs). One of my favorite jewelry brands is GAS Bijoux (their jewelry is all hand-made in St.Tropez) and this pair of Paonne Feather Earrings from Anthropologie is no exception. It will be the conversation piece of your outfit for sure!
What is your favorite piece from this style digest? Would love to hear in the comments below! And as always, if you’d like to schedule a personalized session with me, please don’t hesitate to reach out!