Markdown Mondays: MDW Sale Roundup
My inbox has been filling up this weekend with amazing deals, as today officially marks the beginning of the Summer, and some of the best sales are happening right now, right in time to get your wardrobe full and ready for the Season. For today’s #MarkdownMondays style collage, I’ve chosen some of my favorite pieces from the retailers I frequent and love – that are all closet essentials to build Summer outfits with.
Check out my style picks below:
- A great pair of shorts is a must in your Summer Wardrobe. I like to have a mix of clean-cut, slightly longer ones, distressed denim ones, and embellished shorts for different occasions as shorts often replace their cousins (pants) in your Summer outfits, so you have to have variety for your different looks. These beautiful Talitha Embroidered Tassel Shorts from Intermix are sophisticated yet fun, and go perfectly with an off-shoulder top, a tee or a blouse/structured button down. Paired with espadrilles or mules – they are a Summer staple.
- Speaking of off-shoulder tops, as the trend keeps going strong, new interpretations of the design continue to pop up. This classic Striped Crepe One-Shoulder Top from Banana Republic is easy & stylish – great for the office if paired with a blazer or for a weekend brunch if worn as is. Keep it polished with a pair of cropped pants & elongated flats, or dress it down with some boyfriend jeans and converse. Either way, it will definitely earn a place in your Summer wardrobe (and your heart).
- My personal favorite in this style collage is this On Purpose Canvas Wristlet by Kate Spade. It’s colorful and flirty – and roomy enough to bring around your essentials. It will brighten up even the simplest of your Summer looks.
- I always tell my styling clients that in order to create a fully-balanced outfit, you need to treat it like a work of art – and accessorizing is part of the artwork. These pretty Bright Stud Earrings from J.Crew will add a touch of polish & creativity to your outfit, and will tie the pieces together to tell a story. Think of adding another pop of color in a complementary detail (like a lining, a pattern or another accessory) and you’re working with one of stylist’s best kept secrets – the “linking” effect. P.S. They will go perfectly with the Kate Spade wristlet (see above) 🙂
- To finish off a Summer look, you need a pair of comfortable yet stylish shoes. Ones that can pair well with various pieces in your wardrobe, but also have a personality and (maybe) a pop of color. These Palatines Inopia Slingbacks from Anthropologie are the perfect option – they have a stable 3.5″ suede-wrapped heel and a flattering elongated shape; their “algae” (sea-green) color is versatile and Summer-outfit-friendly.
What is your favorite piece from this style digest? Would love to hear in the comments below! And as always, if you’d like to schedule a personalized session with me, please don’t hesitate to reach out!