Mad for Plaid & Leopard for Fall
Hello, December! This year is zooming by – and I really can’t believe we only have 1 month left before it’s officially 2020! I still remember celebrating Y2K – it felt like such a huge deal (and I was only barely 18 then) — 2 decades later seems like another lifetime.
And speaking of another lifetime, for today’s post, I decided to style a look that’s quite unusual for me – for 2 reasons:
1) It features an all-black ensemble (admittedly, under a plaid & leopard exterior)
2) I’m wearing something that’s a little more boudoir-chic than I’m usually used to.
The exact ingredients of this outfit formula are:
- A “So Lindsi x Hanky Panky” Lacy Cami. I love supporting other bloggers and influencers (and fellow moms) – especially when they create something major, like Lindsi of Lindsi Lane Style. She just launched a collaboration with Hanky Panky – featuring loungewear, sleepwear and lingerie that’s both sexy and girly/cute at the same time. She is selling it at Nordstrom and has now rolled it out at a few other major retailers. I knew I had to have the Glam Ruffle Camisole (in black!) as it’s so subtly revealing when you wear it under something but really is quite a statement if you have the guts to uncover it. I like the idea of it being slightly hidden under a layer – as that’s how I feel most comfortable wearing it – like under a blazer, leather jacket, or coat – the way I styled it here. #LindsiMadeMeDoIt
- A pair of black trousers. Another A.L.C. Pant that I’ve styled so many clients in – this Colin Pleated Tapered style is a fave. It’s comfortable, stylish and goes with everything – what more can you ask for? The tapered silhouette lends itself well to different kinds of boots and shoes – my favorite being booties and deeper-vamp flats or pumps.
- A Statement Coat. This Helene Berman Leopard Print-Trimmed Coat is a true work of art. I saw it at Anthro – and knew I had to have it – even just for a few times a year when I’d wear it. It’s the perfect accompaniment to the all-black pants + cami ensemble. All sizes still available online – see below!
- A Pair of Simple Yet Glam Flat Booties. These Lien.Do by Seychelles Booties have been in my closet for years, and I’ve been beating them up pretty good this Season (as is the fate of anything a mom owns). I like that they’re simple – and flat-heeled – but pack a punch of glamour through the two-tone rubbed-off gold-and-nude suede finish. Side zipper and slight ruching make them have that “lived-in” quality. I’ve tagged a few similar ones I’ve found below!
- A Cute Bag. I’ve made it no secret that I’m positively obsessed with Clare V. bags — I’ve featured quite a few of them on my blog and instagram over the years. This Chou Chou style is super adorable – and I love the Jaguar print (which coordinates just perfectly with the details on the coat!)
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar look for Fall! Please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Leslie Moncada