Late Fall Elegance Inspired by Nature
As the Seasons change, I find myself leaning more into the colors that nature surrounds us with – and in late Fall, I really gravitate towards deeper earth-tones bordering on jewel tones (but in the warmer palette as I’m a Spring).
For this look I used Central Park for my inspiration – with its deep tones of green like the Autumn grass, surrounded by depth and softness.
Here are the exact ingredients to this outfit formula, and how I styled it:
- The Coat. I typically style the coat as an accent to an outfit, but in this look, it’s really the center of attention. This Sentaler Shawl Collar Wrap Coat is stunning, and makes the outfit. I love how soft the baby alpaca and wool blend feels, the ribbed detail on the sleeve – which is signature to the brand -makes the coat feel like a statement piece, and the wrap allows it to be worn 2 ways: open, tied in the back or fully closed, tied with a belt. I think it’s super versatile, very warm and cozy, and very, very chic! I’m also lusting after this one in “sand” (lighter color) – it’s a bit longer and even more luxurious. We’ll see if Black Friday brings any sales on the brand, I’ll be sure to keep you guys posted!
- A Vintage-Style Bag. As I’ve mentioned in the past, Mark Cross is one of my favorite handbag designers, their bags are very understated and elegant. I absolutely adore this Susanna Floral Convertible Clutch – it has a gold chain that can make it into a shoulder bag or even a cross-body bag, but it’s dainty and feminine for evening as well. It’s currently on sale too!
- Tailored Trouser Pants. All my clients know – A.L.C. Pants are my favorite! I can’t stop talking about how well they fit a figure 8/hourglass shape – as they sit high on the waist, and the pleats allow for movement around the thighs so they don’t feel too tight. The tapered leg makes them elegant and timeless. This style is called The Jackson – it’s sadly sold out since it’s from a few years back, but I’ve found a few other ones I love – you can see them in the carousel below.
- Timeless Yet Updated Blouse. I love breaking up a monochromatic look with a bold color – and white is my favorite one to add. I think this Avec Thy Hannah Sheer Tencel Top is very clean and modern, and adds a nice balancing touch to the outfit’s more traditional/elegant nature.
- High-Heeled Booties. These Coclico Link Booties don’t distract from the look – and even though they’re not green to coordinate with the pants and coat, the grayish color continues the leg line nicely, not creating a harsh color break – making them appear to be a purposeful part of the outfit.
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar outfit this Fall! As always, please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Anna Vivare.