Simple & Chic Holiday Party Look
We’re in the homestretch to 2020, and the Holiday Season is in full-swing, with Christmas music blasting at the stores, lights and tinsel galore, and holiday gift guides popping up on every corner.
I know that many of us feel equal parts excited and stressed out during this time of year, so I wanted to share one quick & easy outfit formula to take the stress out of your holiday dressing. It’s super chic, and easy to replicate (and very festive without being overdone!)
The exact ingredients of this outfit formula are:
- The Shimmery Top. I love shimmer and glitter – they always remind me of my dancing days when our costumes for stage included loads of sequins. The feeling they bring also takes me back to fond holiday memories – with the lit & trimmed tree, gifts wrapped and sparkling lights all around – with a magical energy that fills my heart with joy. While they may seem a bit overdone if worn most of the year, December is the absolute time for sparkle. I bought this rose gold sparkly tank a few years ago from Anthro so I couldn’t find the exact one online, but I did curate a few similar and inspired-by ones – see below! The key is to keep the silhouette simple and to let the shimmer do all the talking 🙂
- The Velvet Pants. I think velour (or velvet), not unlike shimmer, has a true holiday/Winter feel. It’s luxurious and soft and feels substantial in weight (therefore, more warm) and regal. I found these adorable ankle paper-bag trousers by Halogen at Nordstrom – they are suuuper comfortable, and look very chic because of the shorter length and defined waist. The silk bow adds a nice festive touch. And you can’t beat the price! ($79!)
- A Faux Fur Coat. This outfit piece is really the key to adding the finishing touch to your look. Throw it over your shoulders, while sipping on a glass of champagne for instant chic, or wear it outside to stay warm. I love the color of this Apparis Sophie Coat – it’s neutral yet sophisticated, and connects amazingly to the rose gold tone of the top, adding more refinement to the look.
- Chic Flats. I mentioned the collaboration of Gal Meets Glam x Margaux on my instagram a few months ago, and have been wanting to style these Pointe Flats in a unique way since – as they pack a punch of flavor on their own with their tweed fabric and demure bow. They have, unfortunately, sold out online, but the other 3 styles from the collection are still available, and you can shop them below! The shoes don’t compete with the top because of the colors in both being part of the same family (which is a helpful styling tip when mixing textures in your look) – and they stand out on their own without clashing.
- THE Bag. Can we talk about this Cult Gaia Angelou Mini Ombre Tassel Bag? It’s not like anything I’ve ever seen. A true statement piece – and just the perfect accessory for a Holiday Party to be the opening icebreaker of a conversation that starts with “I LOVE your bag!”
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar look for your Holiday Parties! Please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaHolidays in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Leslie Moncada