Elegant Casual Friday Workwear Outfit for Spring
Happy (Almost) March! I always await it impatiently as it feels so much closer to Spring – but truth be told, it’s still far from warm here in NYC – so I’m dreaming of nice, comfortable days (and occasionally, enjoying a glimpse with 60 degree magic weather) and styling looks that I’ll be able to wear when Winter is finally over.
For today’s look, I styled an outfit that’s great for a casual Friday or a polished date night look.
Here are the exact ingredients to this outfit formula, and how I styled it:
- The Tailored Feminine Blazer. Smythe blazers have some of the best tailored classy looks out there, and this Classic Duchess Blazer in Ballet Pink is fresh and pretty. I love how it pairs with jeans – but it will also look nice with a mini dress or over a midi skirt and tucked in tee.
- Elegant Yet Creative Booties. These See by Chloe Lizzie Booties were on my radar since last year when a few of my clients purchased them; I noticed they went on sale (sadly, all sold out now) so I grabbed a pair. They’re higher on the ankle and look very elegant and elongating on the leg. There is a stitched pattern on the front and the suede color is very unique and rich (this one is called “cognac”), they really add interest to the outfits! I styled them in 3 different looks – this being one of them, stay tuned for the other two, coming soon!
- Classic Tote Bag. I love my St Louis PM Goyard Goyardine Tote in the bright green color; it’s a fun pop against any outfit – and green + pink is one of my fave color combos. It’s a great bag – classic, classy and easy to stuff with all the essentials. It’s an IYKYK kind-of-bag – and I like that the brand maintains a certain level of exclusivity as they only sell in their boutiques and in certain department stores like Bergdorf’s in NYC + via Fashionphile for some of their pre-loved pieces (see below). If you’re interested in me helping you source one for yourself, definitely reach out!
- Comfortable Stylish Jeans. I’ve styled these Re/Done Originals 70’s Stovepipe Jeans in a recent post HERE – and they really are so comfortable and worth the splurge! I found them in a few different colors – with and without distress – see below!
- Chic Blouse. One of the best ways to class up a pair of jeans is by styling them with a silky blouse – and bonus points if it’s in a classic neutral color and slightly cropped silhouette. This Veronica Beard Anju Scarf Top is a great example of such a blouse – and I love that it has a “party in the back” bow.
- Sparkly Stud Earrings. Another great way to add some excitement to a simple outfit is through a pair of sparkly earrings. I styled this pair of Jennifer Behr Maye Stud Earrings with this outfit – they’re just the right amount of sophisticated and understated.
- Green Sunnies. I completed the look with a pair of Garrett Leight Calabar Sunglasses – “linking” the green of the lenses with the green of the bag to tell a story with my look.
I hope this inspires you to try out a similar outfit this Winter and into Spring!
As always, please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Anna Vivare